Siemens Step7 Basic HMI compatibility

Blue92

I have obtained an older copy of Step7 Basic V11 SP1. I plan to run it on Windows 10 through a virtual machine with a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium that I have laying around. My PLC is an S7-1200, and I was looking at options for used HMI's on ebay. I found a 6AV66470AD113AX0 KTP600 for sale locally on ebay and I see online it says it needs Step7 V10.5. Can I use this HMI with my copy of V11? Sorry for my ignorance as I come from an Allen-Bradley/Automation Direct background and know nothing about Siemens.

Hi there. it seems many of the Siemens experts are already in their Easter break, so I will try to help. The link below says that this product is "configurable as of WinCC flexible 2008 SP2 Compact/ WinCC Basic V10.5/ STEP 7 Basic V10.5". I would imagine a newer version such as the one you mention (Step7 Basic V11 SP1) should work, by virtue of being newer, as it says "configurable as of... V10.5". But if you are not in a hurry, maybe it is better to wait for advice from the many Siemens experts in the forum.

https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/us/Catalog/Product/6AV66470AD113AX0

SIMATIC HMI KTP600 Basic Color PN, Basic Panel, Key/touch operation, 6" TFT display, 256 colors, PROFINET interface, configurable as of WinCC flexible 2008 SP2 Compact/ WinCC Basic V10.5/ STEP 7 Basic V10.5, contains open-source software, which is provided free of charge see enclosed CD

Hi. This screen can be configured in V13 SP2, so I would say V11 will be able to configure the unit. Sorry I can't check V11 directly as I don't have it installed. Steve