siemens to excel....

cdalston77

kinda new to siemens so im gonna need a little help.....
i have a simatic 545 and i need to extract some data points and populate a excel spreadsheet. will be using the serial connection.

Hello cdalston;
The Windows-based 505 Workshop programming software for the Siemens 505 (originally TI505, new 2500 CPUs by CTI)is produced by FasTrack Softworks.
See here: http://www.fast-soft.com/page.php?47

The Workshop package (I used it when it was known as softshop) had built-in a built-in component that allowed logging to an Excel sheet, in a limited demo fashion, 5 points I recall. You could increase the amount of data eexchanged by purchassing a license...

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

If you want to get the data from it while it is running a live process you will need a DDE/OPC Server. Check out KEPServerEX V5. it has a Simatic 505 suite. Wiht the Serial driver you can connect to it with a null modem connection or you can connect via a serial to ethernet converter for longer distance communicaitons. At that point getting data from the server via DDE for Excel is fairly easy.