Siemens TP177A

silva.foxx

Hi...merry Christmas to all.

Quick Q:

Is there a way of putting a Siemens Touch TP177A into transfer mode without cycling the power to the HMI?

If I remember rightly... Omron NT20s had secret buttons in opposite corners of the screen for putting into this mode.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Have a great festive holiday and all the best for 2010. Be safe

silva.foxx

I'm fairly confident that there is a setting for 'remote control' that has to be checked to allow transfer without cycling the power. I think if my memory is good there is an option menu on startup that allows you to enter a configuration menu where these settings can be made. It is also possible to add some function buttons to a screen that can force the unit into a setup mode but this would mean adding in some kind of system admin page to the HMI app. Have alook at the manual on the Siemens web site, this is what I remember on startup, pick the control panel option:

Both items Gnook mentioned are possible.

I prefer to add a "Shutdown" button to the screen.
If needed have it only be visible when admin is logged in.

I think it is on the "Transfer settings" screen you can enable remote control, where it will automaticly cycle power when you download even if not in transfer mode. This is fine if your only using 1 HMI otherwise I preffer to put the HMI in transfer mode so I don't download to an incorrect station.