Siemens TP177A to S5-115U cpu942B

silva.foxx

Hey all

Been asked to link up a Siemens Touch TP177A (6AV6 642-0AA11-0AX1) to an S5 plc.

Obviously TTY at the plc but RS232/485 (DP/MPI/PPI) at the Touch panel.

Can the two be linked, please?

I'm searching google and Siemens website as we type.

Regards
s.f

No can do !

The last panel generation that had AS511 support was the "x70", i.e. TP170, OP270 etc.
Today, for AS511 you have the choice between OP77B and a panel PC with WinCC Flex RT.

I think that maybe the latest panels ("x77") supports DP to an S5 PLC.

The problem is that "AS511" isnt selectable as Protocol for your TP177A panel.

I guess it is another way of Siemens telling customers that S5 belongs to the history books.
I refrained from posting in my first reply, that an alternative is to exchange the S5 PLC for something newer, like an S7 PLC. But really it is the most "correct" solution to the problem. S5 is dead.

Agreed Jesper. The S5 should be replaced but they will not splash out. A couple of the day crew sparks from our plant are trying to link the S5 and TP via this lead as they've been told by our integrator that its been done at one of our other plants. Apparently a Function Block was written to allow comms. :unsure:

I can't wait to see "how" they've done it o_O but I'll certainly post if/when I find out.

From what I've read and you've confirmed... I'm very skeptical of a result.

Regards
s.f

I have some OP27's that will definitely work with S5. Not touch but got keypad use Protools to program it even got the lead to connect to S5 if interested will cost you postage going to Ebay it anyway.