Siemens TP700 Comfort

WW2010

I'm a rookie PLC guy tasked with getting a TP700 to begin recording after a temperature spike and to stop when the temp drops back to a normal operational temp. The panel currently records the temps continuously and stores on a USB drive. I've added an input location to designate the spike temp but I'm kinda lost as to the rest. The panel is still constantly recording. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Wes

You can use the system functions StartLogging and StopLogging to control when an archive is logging.
Use an INT PLC tag to control the system functions. You can use the events "On exceeding" and "Falling below" to start and stop the logging.
Set the limit to 1.
Write a "2" to the tag to start logging.
Write a "0" to the tag to stop logging.

Thanks for the help Jesper. It is now logging what I need and when I need it. I didn't go exactly how you explained but your info got me looking where I needed to.