Siemens UDT with string as in/out

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have created a UDT. This UDT is a IN_OUT to a FB I am creating. This UDT contains a few strings.

Inside the FB I am attempting to use SFC20 (BLKMOV) to move an IN string to this string in the UDT. It doesn't allow me to do this and gives me the error "Function 'GetShortAttribute' not implemented in the OM 's7yomapx.dll'.

It worked fine when the string was part of the STAT. Just doesn't work as part of a UDT in the IN_OUT.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Details:
Simatic manager V5.5 SP4
CPU317

UDT_INOUT_STRING.jpg

If you check the instance DB you will see that the IN_OUT UDT is passed by pointer. When you specify this parameter for SFC20, the editor cannot generate the correct anypointer. You will have to determine the correct anypointer programmatically and pass the computed anypointer to SFC20

Dangit, I forgot that it was passed as a pointer. At the moment I am able to get by as changing it to an OUT instead of an IN_OUT.

If I have to change back i will go ahead and use an anypointer or something.

Thanks!