Siemens upload a program from a complete machine

stu

Hi all
I have been thinking, if you haven’t got a project for a Siemens 1500 , I’m aware that you can create a new project and pick the cpu from the list but use a undeified cpu and then detect - that will upload the plc program ,
But what happens if you have several vfd , asi devices , can all this be uploaded in the tree?
It’s just a thought that I had
Thanks

Detect is great when comissioning a brand new system. You can even detect PN nodes as well. However, as you say, uploading an existing system is totally different. Yes you can upload, except maybe in ancient releases; I can't recall. It includes the software, HW, pretty much everything.

However, by default, the safety program of a PLC can't be uploaded. There's a setting in the Safety Administration to activate it, but it requires a recompile and redownload before you can then upload. Most people don't know to turn it on when making the system, and thus users later on get hosed.

Also, until V17, the folders that blocks got grouped in weren't actually stored in the PLC, and thus couldn't be uploaded. You got all the data, it was just a giant unorganized mess.

Hi I have also seen you can upload from devices
As a new device , does that work the same for the vfd ?

Are these Siemens VFDs ?
You can upload the parameters from the Siemens VFDs,

If you only opload the S7-1500 then the VFDs will be there as Profinet Devices, but that is 'only' the data transfer between the PLC and the VFD.
I think that to get all the parameters that are setup in the drive you have to select it in the project tree and then 'Upload from device (software)'.

I havent tried it, so I cannot say, but it is possible that the upload does not include any setup of safety functions.

It is not all Siemens VFDs that integrate directly into TIA.
G120 and S120 for example do.
For other drives you may have to use the standalone STARTER software to upload the parameters.