Siemens USB MPI Adapter

CT782

Anyone else using the USB PC/MPI adapter? I just returned my second one for exchange. The MPI side keeps failing on them. They work GREAT for a little while. But seem to be extremely fragile. Just wondering if anybody else has had similar problems.

I have the same adapter for about 6 months.So far I had no problems with it. Works like it should. :)

And I hope that I didn't jinx it now that I said that it works fine ;)

Could some one please froward me the part number for such a cable, as i whant to order it. (PS is there any additonal drivers needed for it)

You could have potensial problem between your pc ground point and your plc ground point. We have had it where also lost comms cables and measured up to 60Vdc between the diffrent earth's

Siemens USB to MPI/DP adapter: 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0

I go with your comment about voltages between panel and PC earth connections.
There should ALLWAYS be a socket in the panel for supplying the programming device. Its not just a nuisance not to have one, it is potentially dangerous as your example shows.

My laptop power supply was plugged into the outlet in the panel.
The MPI side of the adapter just stopped working. Siemens Tech Support verified that the problem was the adapter. They are investigating to see if any other complaints or returns were recieved from the batch that both my adapters came from, possibly a batch of bad components delivered to the manufacturer.. It works REALLY well when it works. I'm happy, it's so much faster than the serial adapter it's like night and day.
BTW the drivers you need come with the adapter, you get a CD with the manual and drivers on it. Enjoy!