Siemens vs Allen Bradly

No problem boneless,

Very glad to hear that you want to add A.B. to your tool box.

If you do look to pick up a Micrologix 1100 to play with and possibly get programing cables for A.B. check out this website.

http://www.plccable.com

He is a member of this forum and I have been happy with the buisness we have done with him.

Next time you are at the Pier let me know and we can go grab a couple cold ones.🍻

BCS

Bering C Sparky;624164... said:
If you do look to pick up a Micrologix 1100 to play with and possibly get programing cables for A.B. check out this website.

http://www.plccable.com

He is a member of this forum and I have been happy with the buisness we have done with him.

+1

And don't buy a 1747-CP3 (1756-CP3 is the same thing) cable from Rexel. I did that last week, thinking I will not waste that much money, I need it yesterday and we already have an account. Yikes it was $125, where I expected ~$40. Use PLCcable.com, Mark is quick to ship too and has a rock solid reputation for support.

Last edited:
Thanks!

(Let me know if you ever need help with Siemens stuff :) )

Thanks!

(Let me know if you ever need help with Siemens stuff :) )

Will do. I gather in my new role that at least one of our customers has some Mitsubishi and another has Siemens, but I have only been there a week and have only visited 3 sites so far.

Same for you, if you need a hand with Rockwell stuff. I live 40 miles from OKC but I travel there, or near there, frequently.

I live a little ways from the city between Yukon and Mustang, and spend a lots of my time in Norman.

Did you end up switching jobs? Or did they put you in a other position?

I live a little ways from the city between Yukon and Mustang, and spend a lots of my time in Norman.

Did you end up switching jobs? Or did they put you in a other position?

I quit the maintenance tech job after some deep long prayers. It paid well enough and the benefits were great, but that gut feeling was getting worse by the day. After a week off I started getting a few calls and leads, then out of the blue some unknown recruiter called about this job I took in Norman. So, on the 16th, I started work for a this small company that does water treatment system and chemical sales and service where I think I will be very happy. He had been contracting PLC and HMI work to a guy who is overloaded and unable to handle the volume, so now the boss has his own guy (me). And I can learn to change filters and do all sorts of mechanical stuff that a lot of programmers won't touch.

I live near a dot on the map called Cogar.

Yu-stang is pretty well known to me. I like to go running at Wild horse park when the weather is decent.

Last edited:
Cool. Congrats on the new job, I enjoyed (and felt your pain while ) reading the adventures you had with the previous employer.

Lets have some coffee some time, I don't get the chance to speak to PLC-OKIES a lot :)

A lot of people have said that MicroLogix 1400 is the most similar to S7-1200.
But since S7-1200 can do such "advanced" stuff as Structured Text, reusable code and IO via Profinet, a small CompactLogix may be a better comparison point. Possibly a 5370 L1 controller.
If you dont use any of the above mentioned stuff then a Micrologix 1400 can be good enough. Then on the other hand, what is most future-proof ? I cant help thinking that the classical SLC500 style programming is less future-proof than Logix style programming.