Siemens VSD profibus comms with compact logix

eababio

Hi , has any one encoumtered the following problems when working with simovert masterdrive connected through profibus to compactlogix using prosoft.

1. when ever i connect the drive to the plc through profibus i get an an alarm A083 and when i clear it it goes to A082. The manual says to set p722 to 0 but when i do that nothing happens. i have to keep bit 7 of control word permenantly on to clear the fault.

2. Also when i set 734.1 to 32 and try to control the drive i get 0008 and on the PMU it says Lockout On. The drive has been working fine all this time i was always able to start and stop from PLC. I wonder what could cos this.

3. I also have an isseue with increasing the spped on the PMU after i reset all the parameters i changed for profibus.What could affect this?

I dont think anyone knows what the question is

So do you have all 3 lights on the CBPx blinking? (at the same time)

if no - then P918 doesnt match your gsd file config or check cabling

if yes- what value is in r 733.1?
Also if the value is something like a 47F, then the F must go to an E after a fault reset so the drive can enable again
with an F (in other words the drive is being enabled when a fault is present- you must turn the enable off- reset the drive- then enable the drive)
That will cause a status 8 (locked condition)
among other things

I hope that is clear

Also P443 is your speed command (most of the time)
Is this set to a 3002?
if so then the MOP or front keypad (up and down arrows) will not control the speed
3002= profibus speed command (most of the time)
58= MOP or up and down arrow keys

Look at the function diagrams!
Sheets 120,125 and 180
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/13472409

Setting P734.1 to a 32 sends the status word to your PLC
What does that do in the logic?

A83 means that the drive is not getting a valid control value from profibus-
Again- what value is in r733.1?

Last edited:
Thanks for your repley. all three lights are present. And actually i have started and stopped the drive using profibus. However i am installing it for a client and am not sure what changes they did to cos this problem.

I do get a a083 and when i first connect the profibus and then A082 when i acknowledge the fault.

I will try your suggestions and get back to you.