Signle block download

Oke guys.

Siemens responded on the issue.
In a S7-1500 plc it is not possible to download only one block when there are multiple changes.... (n)

They suggested a workaround.
Which is a copy of the project in which you past the one (or more) block with changes.
And then use that project to download.

So that's it...

For initial development this shouldnt be much of an issue.
But while doing online changes to a running machine/installation this should be kept in mind.

It's not a deliberate choice they've made. It's because the program Siemens use for tia and the new modern hardware does not support it.

Not sure what you mean here, or if it is sarcasm..

Siemens chose the requirements for, designed, and build both the new HW and the new SW. It's not like they're brand labeling someone elses PLC and are stuck with its limitations. They pretty much rebuilt it from the ground up, and decided that the new system didn't need to allow you to download only single blocks.

No sarcasm intended. I believe Siemens to a much lesser degree chose anything with the new hardware compared to the old. I do believe what they have now is much more similar to branding than what they had before.

But not branding of another PLC, just accepting cheaper hardware less customized to their needs. The hardware everywhere is moving away from dedicated industrial circuitry, especially made in-house and is blending with standard PC circuitry thus more general and less customized.

It is what it is though and i gladly accept if its completelt the other way around. I just use it among with all other hardware and software out there...

Last edited: