simatic pc station and OPC

rikita

hi , I'm trying to make a connection between PC station and s300 station .
I did all steps in the manual of Siemens TCP/IP Slave Ethernet Driver Help
http://www.kepware.com/support/manuals/siemens-tcp-ip-slave-ethernet-manual.pdf
1225.JPG
my question is how can I relate the OPC server with step 7 I didn't get the idea how to transfer data with OPC server
they did 2 screen shoot in the beginning of the tutorial
any one have an idea ??
can I use the opc as usual I meaning doing the tags , and relating with NETtoPLC?
554.JPG
455.JPG

The Kepware OPC server should be able to read and write the data without S7 even knowing about it. What you say is right, just add the tags and test.

You might want to check if you have a S7 connection available in your CPU, but not 100% sure if you need that.

thank you for the reply boneless I have to use the OPC server because I'm relating labview with step7 my question is can you help me about the IP addresses
how to assign them?
should I do the same IP address for my pc and the station pc ?
I'm confused

I don't know what you mean and I don't think it matters.

You have a PLC with ethernet.
You have a PC with ehternet.

They both have to be on the same net. The PLC address has to be know. In the OPC server you set up the PLC and the tags.

Isn't that it? What problems are you running into?

Title says "simatic pc station and OPC".
And in the text you link to a Kepware manual.

If you are using Kepware, then you are not using a "Simatic PC Station" which is another name for Simatic Net software.
So what is it ? Are you using Simatic Net or Kepware for the OPC Server ?

He could be using something like WinCC RT Advanced. You can setup the PC as an HMI terminal and the object it installs in the project tree to do that it calls a "PC station." Earlier versions (earlier than TIA Portal V13) I think called it a "PC system."

Looks to me like it is netpro in simatic manager. He refers to Kepware in his first link, but the picture shown is something from National Instruments?

And for the systems I set up using KepWare, I did not need to add the PC to my hardware setup in Siemens.

I think that the manual is for a special variant of kepware connection.
The manual describes how to setup PUT/GET communication with an S7 PLC, and I think the PC Station in the manual is just a dummy.

I think that Labview can be a standard OPC Client.
If that is the case, rikita can use an OPC Server for S7 via Ethernet.
For example Siemens Simatic Net IE Lean which is not so expensive.

here what I have done.
7888.JPG
actualy my project is about tuning PID parameters using fuzzy logic.
I did connection it works I have no problem.
here is how to proceed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbOmYjRHSns
kepware works as NI opc, there is no difference.
now, I'm trying to implement what I have done using the PLC s300 cpu 315-2DP in the lab, we have added the simatic net CP 343 1Ex11 0XE0
so all I do is that relating my pc to the simatic net by the ethernet cable and send data from labview to the plc.
how to proceed ?
I think I have just to follow steps in the pdf of Siemens TCP/IP Slave Ethernet.
maybe I didn't well express my problem hope this time you can understand my problm. thank you very much for your replies.

I dont know why, but I cannot see the pictures you have attached.
I started to watch the video, but at some point it starts to talk about nettoplcsim which is a hack to make Simatic NEt work with PLCSIM. So I didnt watch it to the end.

I did connection it works I have no problem.
[..]
no one have the answer of my problm ?
You do or dont have a problem ? If you do, what is the problem ?

And I dont understand why you keep mentioning kepware.
If you need to connect to NI software, use Simatic Net IE Lean (or similar) as OPC Server, and NI as OPC Client.

I want to connect the labview directly to the real PLC and get results there, I didn't know about the nettoplc.
I did tags of my variables , no problm
but the conncetion is still bad, why and how to solve the problm?
how I proceeded:
I have omitted the block of nettoplc.
9.JPG
guide me plz when I do mistakes. I'm new in this field. and this is my last part of my project and I have to finish it before 4 june :(