SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all

I need some advice.

Is there any way to get Step 7 Professional V13 to work on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS

(Not the enterprise/ultimate Version)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

What SP are you trying to install? looks like you need to install SP1 first, are you dating?

Genius.... I am trying to download Step 7 Pro V13, there are eleven books to this download and an exe. file. I am starting with .001.
Please excuse me if I am misinterpreting the question, but no, am not dating, I'm married. But thank you.

M_Turk....On both side of the drive ( local and Network) I log in with admin privilege.

MK42.......I have the Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I would need the enterprise/ultimate PKG 64 bit. I have a request into Siemens for clarification.

In either case when I try do down load the .001 ect files the computer asks me what program i want to use to OPEN them.

Well I cant seem to get that one on here either. I have got to have something set wrong, the file location for download is there, I checked the location, but it acts like my two year old with broccoli. turns it's nose at it.

Ill keep pestering Siemens for some online help.

Thank you all

You didn't pay close attention to the previous advice.

Download ALL the files .001, .002, .003 etc, AND the .exe file to the same directory on your hard disk.

Then open ONLY the .exe file, don't try to open any of the .001, .002, etc.

MK42.......I have the Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I would need the enterprise/ultimate PKG 64 bit. I have a request into Siemens for clarification.

It is the same install package for 32 bit/64bit, Pro/ent/ult, win 7 or 8.1. Portal isn't a "true" 64-bit application, it uses the Windows-on-Windows (WOW64) compatibility service, like many applications.

as Sigma Delta clarified, you don't open the 001 file, you just save all of them to your hard drive. once ALL of them are downloaded, then you run the EXE, which unzips them into the real install file. I have no idea why they split up the download; my only rational guess is so that each individual file can fit on a CD.

Thank you all for your patience as it seems my PLC experience does not translate into my PC experience.

Please pardon my ignorance.

Thank you again

Genius.... I am trying to download Step 7 Pro V13, there are eleven books to this download and an exe. file. I am starting with .001.
Please excuse me if I am misinterpreting the question, but no, am not dating, I'm married. But thank you.

LOL.... so am I

Now we got that out of the way.... the books are RAR files and you need all of them in the same folder/location on your PC, then you will only double click the one that looks different EXE

So do you see all the files ? also the .001 ? do you see the EXE file?

I did have an error in the past when updating (not dating) I needed to have SP1 installed before I could update to SP2

Genius......

Done and Done.

Ill get this opened and running.

You do realize this is going to be a can of worms.

Ill Thank all of you now, for your patience tomorrow.