simple logic with 2 motors, logo, vipa 100, siemens s7-224 ... ?

userxyz

Hi,

I need to write a little sequence logic to controle 2 motors. By controlling them with some sensors and a sequence, the motors can package something. I'm not going in further detail...

What I'm asking myself is:

What is best to buy, vipa 100, siemens s7-224, logo, ...

?

Please add price if u know the price. It's for building a lot of these machines..., so it has to be good, but not expensive too...

Have a look at the Moeller Easy, lot better than the Logo.
It also allows simple text messages to be programmed for display on its lcd screen.
Base unit has 8 inputs and 4 outputs.

Since you already have and are familiar with Step7 i would suggest the IM-151 (LINK) we have used the predecessor to this one i small serial produced machines with good results.

:)

Hey Bratt,

I know Microwin, I have done 6 projects with these kind of cpu's in the past.

Our engineeringsmanager has seen that a Logo costs 155 euros, and a 221 cpu without the software costs 270 euros.

The software can be downloaded and used for 60 days without a license.

I'm thinking to explain to my boss that 200 cpu is the lowest me may go...

Logo is fine for home applications or lightning systems and so on... but I don't like them in industrial cabinets.

The sequence that I have to write is a decision of 3 sequences, each exsisting out of aprox. 8 steps..., in a Logo, this must be hell to program I think

Bratt said:
NOTE: 200 series is programmed with Step7 MicroWin completely diffrent from regular Step7

price

U know the price of this baby ?

Bratt said:
Since you already have and are familiar with Step7 i would suggest the IM-151 (LINK) we have used the predecessor to this one i small serial produced machines with good results.

ok

In the other post I saw 600 euros...

This will be too expensive I think, he will not accept it as he is dreaming of a logo at 155 euros

Combo said:
U know the price of this baby ?

Combo said:
hmm, this is also interesting me:

http://www.bintz-technics.be/vipa100V.htm

Starterkit

- CPU 114-6BJ02

- CD met software Win PLC7

- Green cable

€ 300.00

PROGRAMMED WITH SIMATIC S7 SOFTWARE !!!
I would stay away from any "Smart Relay" type such as LOGO, Easy Relay and such.
Do your self a favor and go with a PLC.
Less headaches down the line.
As far as your boss wanting to use the cheapest thing available, I need to remind you that when all hell breaks lose, he will NOT be there to help you sorting it out.
Seen it time after time, when things go bad, you will be on your own even if you did not have anything to do with the selected hardware.
Just my point of view!

Combo said:
224 too expensive, 221 better then
I'd go for a 2-port setup.
224 may be the ticket.
Or even a 226.
You may add an HMI of some sorts down the line.
Setup now and your job will be easier in the future if an HMI or any other operator interaction is needed.

hey

I TOTALLY AGREE !!!!

Therefor I would go for these Vipa's, no new software needed and cheap.

bkottaras said:
I would stay away from any "Smart Relay" type such as LOGO, Easy Relay and such.
Do your self a favor and go with a PLC.
Less headaches down the line.
As far as your boss wanting to use the cheapest thing available, I need to remind you that when all hell breaks lose, he will NOT be there to help you sorting it out.
Seen it time after time, when things go bad, you will be on your own even if you did not have anything to do with the selected hardware.
Just my point of view!

ok

Ok,

I will give him the oppertunity to use S7-200 systems (224 or 226) or vipa.

But NO Logic Relays.

thanks

bkottaras said:
I'd go for a 2-port setup.
224 may be the ticket.
Or even a 226.
You may add an HMI of some sorts down the line.
Setup now and your job will be easier in the future if an HMI or any other operator interaction is needed.