Simple question regarding the CLick PLC

in your panel setup{cmore} inport the tagname data base. create push buttons ect. the c-more will read write to the click

The CMore will be used to monitor the status of bit (On/Off) locations and numeric (value) locations. The Cmore can also be used to affect the state of bit locations (but not directly to inputs or outputs) or to alter the value of numeric locations.

These locations within the Click can be hand entered when creating the CMore program but a much easier method is to 'export' the database from the Click and to import it into the CMore.

From the Click program choose 'File' - 'Export' 'Nickname'. This will create a CSV (Comma Separated Variables) file.

In the CMore Micro program (this is all I have at home) choose 'File' - 'Import' - 'Tagname Database'. Choose the CSV file. Choose 'From Click' (choose 'Overwrite Existing Tags' if needed). The 'Import'.

Thank you very much ! , I did not find this in the help files.

OK I did that and it worked great , BUT can I access a FULL PROGRAM from the CLick this way , is that possible ? If not what is the best way to access or write a program ? in the CLick or in the Cmore ?

this program is based off of Erics setup earlier in this thread. Post #3

Last edited:
I think you are asking if you can view ladder logic on the C-More. If so, as far as I know, the answer is no.

The best way to write a program is going to be with your PC using the free software. You will then download that completed program file to the Click PLC.

The C-More or any other HMI is used to view the states of addresses in the PLC. It cannot read the part of memory where the program logic is stored, but it can read and write to areas of memory affected by the program.

So, you can create a machine control program for the Click with the purposes of monitoring input devices, controlling output devices, and updating bits and values for display on the C-More.

And, you can write a program for the C-More to display information about the machine status in user friendly formats for the operator to utilize when running the machine. It can also change values and turn bits on which are being used by the Click program.

Think of the C-More as an infinitely variable array of push buttons and selector switches and pilot lights with dynamic legend plates. Think of the Click as an infinitely rewire-able panel full of relays, timers, and counters for turning on valves and motor starters, adjusting analog output signals and monitoring sensors.

I use the term infinitely loosely. You are limited by the instruction set in the PLC, the number of I/O points in the PLC, by the memory capacity of the PLC and HMI, and, by your imagination.

Last edited:
Using the Click software

You are asking very basic questions belonging to the 'what is a PLC?' and 'what is a display/HMI?' level.

Ye sit is VERY basic , I need to know if we can do what we need to do with this hardware / software.

to be clear ( I hope ) I have a program in the Click , it has 6 steps to it to run a process we need to perform, Can I CALL this program from the Cmore panel ?

Or do we need to look at this a different way ?

If you need the actions you have programmed to take place at a certain time then that takes an 'input'. This could be one of the 'X' inputs on the Click or a button press on the CMore linked, usually, to a 'C' bit within the Click.

You don't 'call' it, the input enables it to start/restart/continue depending on how you have written your code in the Click.

Ye sit is VERY basic , I need to know if we can do what we need to do with this hardware / software.

to be clear ( I hope ) I have a program in the Click , it has 6 steps to it to run a process we need to perform, Can I CALL this program from the Cmore panel ?

Or do we need to look at this a different way ?

Your C-More can be set up with one or more momentary buttons that turn on a bit which will advance the sequence in the Click program.

When you put the Click in run mode, it will scan the logic over and over again very quickly. It needs to wait for some action from either your C-More buttons addressed to a bit in the Click or from a real world input before advancing if I correctly understand your needs.

By wait, I mean that the rung which advances the sequence will be false until certain bit(s) contain a "1" as in when the operator presses the aforementioned button.

Also, see what Bce123 said. Once you write down in detail exactly what you want the machine to do, it will be much easier for us to give advice to help you with your 1st program.

Thanks All , I have my programmer working on it now , I pointed him here for any clarification needed , Sorry to be such a pain but this is new to me , I am not a programmer obviously , I have created several high end systems but never programmed them so new stuff for me ! .

http://www.nanometer.com/products/AFiS/AFiS.html
this our Afis system , it is a 3 axis motion control system with auto focus and automatic fiber end face inspection FYI .

I appreciate you being nice to such a newbie !

I have a much better understanding now , looking at that drum program now milldrone.

Last edited:
One more question , can the CLick PLC control an AC motor's speed ?? if so do you have any links to the program or control logic.

Last edited:
Be aware that the analog output power rating is going to be very very small (too busy to look it up, but I suggest that you read up on the specs).

It is intended to send a very low level signal to some other device and not directly drive any significant load. To vary a motor speed, the motor controller would have a high impedance (consume little power) analog input that could be driven by the click analog output. The real power used to run the motor would be supplied separately.