Simple RSView32 Question

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
If I am in Edit and Test a screen, when I click on a link to another screen, I am unable to close the newly opened display. The original screen remains in edit, but the other opens as if it were in Run Mode with no option to close it.

I'm used to the newer RSView or FTView where they don't allow you to open displays in Test mode.

Is there a shortcut to abort these displays without totally closing out of REView32?

Thanks.

Open up the command window and type abort * (closes 'em all) or abort 'windowname'

I'm not sure I'm able to open to command window. Sometimes the screen in edit closes, and I'm stuck on the newly opened screen. There is no menu bar available to select the command window and I don't think I see it in the background.

Is there a shortcut key command to open it?

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work either. Maybe this command is disabled.

I'll poke around and see how the displays are being opened and if any macros or parameters are being passed. There might be something funky going on in the background.

EDIT: Yes, CTRL ALT P is disabled in the Startup menu. Is there any other way around this or did whomever make the screens make a trap for themselves?

I have the same problem but don't konw enough about it to give you a solution. I just try and avoid the links to other screens. One thing that I've noticed is that when I do get stuck in another screen, I have been able to scroll up past the screen and see a part of the project manager. Then I can click on it. I'm sure there is a logical way around this.

In the project tree go to Logix and Control, then to Global keys, then assign a Function key, I use F12, to the Abort command, and put an Abort label near it.
This is in case I make a screen that I fail to make a path to return from.