simple start/stop

mccatojr

I am being asked to relocate 3 motors remotely from a mcc. currently the motors have a start and stop and an on and off indicator. I need to parallel the buttons and lights to a remote start/stop station. I would like to try to do this with a low budget plc with high speed I/O. One plc in the existing mcc and one plc in the remote station. Is this practical? Should I also consider HMI for the remote station eliminating my pushbuttons? Thank you in advance.

Why bother?
Start PB's (assuming NO contacts) go in Parallel.
Stop PB's (should be NC contacts) go in Series.
Pilot lamps (should be lamps) go in Parallel.

I'm all for technology, but sometimes a PLC + HMI is, well, Overkill.

Similar Topics

Hello again..trying something on an existing poorly written program and just wanted to double check something system is an A-B MicroLogix 1200 In...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Writng a FB in ST on Beckhoff TC for a pulser which turns on and off on a cycle, is paused by turning bControlInput to FALSE, but resumes...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to build my Classic Step 7 programming skills this weekend. I get stuck on little things that are not covered in YouTube tutorials. I'm...
Replies
Views
I have a program that does a 7 second "scan" sensor calibration routine whenever a setting (setting is called assistance level or "AL" and ranges...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a simple question that I have overcomplicated and gotten stuck on. I have a variable, we can call it "light" that I need to stay...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom