Simple VersaMax Micro I% addon made Complicated

OneTechandaWrench

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Day,
I have a simple I% add on project to VersaMax Micro 28 (IC200UDR010) connected QuickPanel View (IC754VSB06MTD)PORT 1 and also Mits VFD (FR-700) Port 2. How to comm/monitor realtime with ports occupied? I can collect project from HMI, and also collect program from PLC. From PLC,I have to disconnect HMI. Is there a way to tunnel through HMI ethernet RJ45 port to PLC? I am using Proficy Machine Edition 8.5 for the first time. Some previous experience with GEFanuc/Logicmaster. I have reached PLC edits via HMI long ago with MITS FX1/2 series. And I have also some other complications, and attach here a doc created for the project.

Is there a way to tunnel through HMI ethernet RJ45 port to PLC?
No. Two ports is all you get with the VersaMax Micro.
Regarding your issues with %Q0505: Check your variables table to see if there are two variables assigned to that address, one with data type BOOL and one with data type WORD.
The MOVE_BOOL instruction should have the variable with data type BOOL at the output node, not the variable with data type WORD.
You can double click on any of those warnings to find the rung of logic that generated it. It appears to me that you have uploaded a program into Proficy that was originally created using Logicmaster or VersaPro software

I agree it must only be BOOL. I guess the array dimension can be "0". I tried LM90 @ port 2 for fun, by change the port 2 mode (cable 901), but no luck. LM v6 I have and doesn't have UDR010 in catalog. However I have found that the Q0505 output is reserved for enabling HSC 1, and I believe when Q0505 is enable, then Q1 high speed output is enabled for use with logic (in this program Q1 is MCR1) By image attached you see the usage for the LD: ENCODER is using just that FST_SCN to enable HSC 1. I am going to go forward with it and see if my bench test can exchange well the rack (hoping not to need to monitor/debug anything) Thanks alot/again,

SAW_Q00505_WORD.jpg

If there are two variables in your variables table that are addressed to %Q0505, then you need to select the one with the data type BOOL at the "Q" node of the MOVE_BOOL instruction, not the one with data type WORD. Proficy allows you to have two different variables with the same address. That's an unusual choice of instructions for turning on a Boolean bit. Why not just use a -(S)- instruction?

Logicmaster won't work with a VersaMax PLC. The VersaMax product line came out after Logicmaster was obsoleted.

Agreed (S) would be better, MOV_BOOL is strange for simply enable HSC, But this was OEM standard product. I try to change as little as possible to solve. Note the same enable for HSC2/3/4 at address Q506/507/508 although not used are BOOL. I do not see any redundant addressing from variables, especially at Q0505. The entire target usage search is only the places on this exact FB.
PLC [LD Block,'ENCODER': Rung 2, Instruction] MOVE_BOOL 0 Q00505
PLC [LD Block,'ENCODER': Rung 2, Address] MOVE_BOOL 0 Q00505
PLC [LD Block,'ENCODER': Rung 2, Parameter] MOVE_BOOL 0 Q00505
------------------ Search Results ------------------
Found 3 instances of "Q00505" on target "PLC".

Soon to try exchanged units with the edits now

I've tried to explain this in each of my answers and you haven't acknowledged that you've checked.

Instead of searching for usage of %Q0505, check in the list of variables. Sort them by address and see if there are two different variables that use the address %Q505. If there are two, use the one with data type BOOL in the MOVE_WORD instruction instead of the one with data type WORD. If the only variable with that address is data type WORD, change its data type to BOOL.

Sorry for the weak confirmation about multiple addressing with variables. This manner (by variable list, sorted by address) was the only way I had to assume there was not redundant addressing. My answer was weak, because i was searching a more intuitive search method, but couldn't find one. But the image confirm such I believe too.

Variable_Sort_Address.jpg