Simplify displaying 80+ values on HMI.

gwallee

I'm working with Studio 5000 & FactoryTalk View Studio ME. I have a UDT that contains data for a part as it passes through a system, Timestamps, pass/fail, force values, etc. The UDT is made up of about 80 values, strings, bools. reals, and dints.

I'd like to have some method to display these values on the HMI. I could take the time to create the various indicators for each field, but I'd like to see if there's a better approach. There's a high likelihood that some values will get added or deleted over time too.

I've considered having about 10 generic fields on the hmi that can be scrolled through. The PLC would convert the UDT value to a string and move it into HMI_string_1, HMI_string_2, HMI_string_3, etc. I'm not sure how to convert any value to a string, and that this is the most efficient way to do it.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.