Sinamic V20 Actual Current Output

MathMan

Hello all!

I have a problem.

We are using SINAMICS V20 (6SL3210-5BB17-5UV1) to move a car tire with a motor up and down.
The main principle is that when the operator loads the cable reel into the machine then the wheel is moved against the flange of the reel and it starts to move the cable reel.

Now the problem is that we only have analog control over the drive without an encoder or ethernet. The idea was to check the drive actual current through its analog output and see if it goes higher than normal and assume that probably the wheel is against the flange and we stop it from moving.
I´ve driven the wheel quite deep into the flange but have not seen any noticeable changes in actual output current of the drive in the PLC. It is in the same range as it was when there was no resistance.

I see that the output current is higher when moving the wheel up and lower when moving it down because of gravity etc so i know it is capable to change.

Does anyone have any good ideas how to resolve this?

We do not have to use the actual current output, it can be whatever signal we can send from the drive to PLC to let it know what is going on

PLC : CPU 314-2 PN/DP
TiaPortal 15.1

Thanks!

what is the pressure in the tire?

do you monitor the rotation rate of the reel or motion of the cable, and could you rotate the tire slowly as it is being moved toward the reel, so the PLC could detect when the reel begins to rotate when the tire reaches it?

Last edited: