Sinec L2 6GK1-500-0AB00

birinder

Hi,

Please if can anyone tell me how to get data from Sinec L2 6GK1-500-0AB00. My PLC (Profibus Slave) is connected to Sinec L2 6GK1-500-0AB00, now i am assigned to get data from Sinec L2 6GK1-500-0AB00. There are few terminal in Sinec L2 6GK1-500-0AB00 which i assume i get data as Profibus DP Master (Sinec L2 6GK1-500-0AB00 beign DP Slave). There is no documentation available in net for this Siemens module.

Kindly help
Best regards
Birinder Singh

The part number that you quoted is for a 'bus terminal', this one is used to connect two segments of profibus cable together, it also has a lead attached to it to allow connection to a profibus component (eg PLC), I don't know what data you expect to get out of this.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

The Lead (from top of this module) is connected to PLC. Now I need to connect my SCADA to this module, inorder to get data from PLC. I have seen few terminal at the bottom of this module labelled as (A B etc. 4 Numbers), will it be possible to connect Scada System on these terminals and scan PLC Data. I dont have the Terminal Detials with me. Please suggest.

Best regards
Birinder SIngh

Birinda

Are there any cables connected to these terminals?

As these terminals are for the profibus 'in' and 'out' connections then I can see no reason why you cannot connect your scada system into these terminals. You only need to connect to the 'in' side of the terminals, I assume that they are labelled A1 and B1 and A2 and B2, if this is the case A1 and B1 will be the 'in' side.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

This will be great help. There are no cables at A1 B1 & A2 B2. So that Means that A1 B1 terminal is Profibus DP Slave Implementation. And My SCADA Being Profibus DP Master can connect to A1 B1 and access the PLC.
Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumption. I really appreacite your help in this matter.

Best regards.
Birinder

Birinda

I am struggling to grasp what your 'system' looks like, I cannot understand why you have a bus terminal connected to a DP slave when there are no profibus cables connected to the terminal. What is the DP slave slave to??? If it is just for the SCADA why have the bus terminal, just plug your profibus cable (from the SCADA) directly into the DP port on the slave. Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten me as to what is connected on your system, or is it a stand alone PLC?

Paul

Sorry for making things complicated.

Actually, the PLC system is allready in place, but there is no SCADA implemented. This Sinec Module is also in place. So my job is to get SCADA system interface with this allready esisting system, without actually removing the existing cabling. The problem is that we dont have any drawing or any other documentation for the existing system, so we are not sure if to remove the exisiting cables will be good idea. So i was thinking of just use the Spare Terminals on the Sinec Module and thus PLC integrated with SCADA system, I think this should work.

Thanks for your support.