Siwarex U Weighing Module

plcengineer

Gents: I have a S7 315-2 DP PLC with several IM153-1 Racks. I have 4 Siwarex U Weighing Modules in one of the remote racks. I am using a SFC 58 to read information from the Weigh Module. I have setup a load cell and programmed the module with Siwatool and I can see weight through the Siwatool. I have a Wonderware operator interface that I am trying to read this weight into. Please see the following configuration for the SFC 58. IOID= B#16#54, Laddr= W#16#110, RecNum= B#16#1F, Output DB14.DBW0. I am reading Data Record 31.

Now, when I try to see the data in DB14.DB0 and DB1, I don't see any data. The SFC doesn't have any particular error code.

I am trying to understand why I can't view data at DB14.DB0. The manual states that Gross Weight is in Byte 0,1 in INT format. In DB14, I made an array of 0-9 Bytes.

Also, I am going to have to build a calibration screen in the Wonderware Operator Interface. What do I need to include on the Calibration Screen? What type of alarms do I need that are typical.

This is my first Siwarex U job and I would appreciate the help..

Thanks,
PLCENGINEER

Note that SFC58 is used to write to a module, not read from it. Is that possibly the problem? Also, where did you get 1F for the record number? Was that in the documentation? And, you mention that you use DB14.DBW0 for the output, but the incoming data needs to reference a pointer.

Give us some more detail, and we'll be able to help you out.

I was in error about the SFC 58. In my code, I have SFC 59 Reading with the above configuration. The manual that I have for the Siwarex stated that 1F hex converted to DR31. The data record 31 is what I was trying to read. In regards to the DB14.DBW0, I don't understand what you are saying about the incoming data needing a pointer.

thanks for your help

plcengineer

Also, I am pretty sure that I have the SFC Block set up correctly. I have the enable on all the time and I have a NC contact (SFC BUSY) feeding the Req(I think that is correct). It appears that the block is not working. I have the Siwarex U module setup for SFC COMMUNICATIONS. I can read weight on a channel via the Siwatool software..

Thanks,
plcengineer

Ok, here's a sample from one of my projects where I grab UDP broadcasts. If you look at the RECORD parameter (this is where the received data is stored), you can see that it is of data type ANY, so it needs a pointer format. In my example, the incoming data will be stored in DB600 starting at byte 40. That's why I don't understand what you mean by "DB14.DBW0". Are you actually typing in something like P#DB14.DBX0.0 BYTE 10?

Code:
      CALL  SFC   59
       REQ    :=#ProductStatus.Parameters.EnableUDP
       IOID   :=B#16#F4
       LADDR  :=#ProductStatus.Parameters.ModuleAddress
       RECNUM :=#ProductStatus.Parameters.SFCConnectionID
       RET_VAL:=#ProductStatus.Parameters.ReturnValue
       BUSY   :=#ProductStatus.Parameters.Busy
       RECORD :=P#DB600.DBX20.0 BYTE 40

You might be on to something here. I have been typing the following for the RECORD= DB14.DBW0. I was assuming that since I needed bytes (0,1) that I could type this in to see the Gross Weight of the Siwarex U Card. I dropped the SFC59 Block into my code so I am not using STL. Should I be typing in something like this for the RECORD= DB14.DBX0.0 or do I need to type in P#DB14.DBX0.0 to start the information coming in at byte 0? Basically, I need the start my data coming in at Byte 0.

Thanks,
plcengineer

P.S. I will try this tomorrow to see how it works..

After I typed in the correct address pointer, I was able to read my load cell weight. My SFC is now working correctly. Now, I have to review scaling and deal with that but at least I am communicating to the Siwarex via the PLC and Wonderware. Then, I have to decide which status bits that I need to monitor and I'll need to build a Calibration Screen within Wonderware. Do you have any ideas of what I need on the calibration screen for the Siwarex???

Thanks for your help S7GUY.. I really appreciate it...

Thanks,
plcengineer

I'm glad it worked out. I've never used the Siwarex, but it seems like a pretty neat system from what I read about it. I have no idea about the different calibration parameters that you might need, but a number of us can give you programming tips once you get going on it. Good luck.

Thanks for the offer. If you or anyone needs assistance with Siwarex, I will be able to help after this project. I could pass out my S7 Code for examples. I'll be in touch if I need programming help with the calibration etc..

Thanks,

PLC's.Net is great and I appreciate everyones help!!!!!!

plcengineer