SLC 150 Replacement

stretch67

I need everybodys input on a replacement for the SLC 150 PLC's that we are currently using. We are thinking of buying 3 more older pipe cutters with air logic controls on them and we would like to fit them with modern control systems. I would like to know what would be a good replacment for the SLC 150 and the TCAT unit that we use on the cutter at the moment. The SLC 150 is getting hard to find used. I also need to know if the SLC 150 program can be ported over to a new PLC. Any info that you could provide me with would be a big help.

Jeff Bakker

You probably want to look at the three different MicroLogix platforms, compare them to your curent SLC150 setup, and choose the Micro with all of the options you will need. As for importing the SLC 150 programs into the Micro (RSLogix 500), I'm not aware of any utility to accomplish this, though one may exist. Also be aware that around June, Rockwell is launching the MicroLogix 1100, with 10 inputs, 6 outputs, built-in LCD display, ability to add up to 4 expansion I/O modules, built-in ethernet and ONLINE editing capability. When it is released, they will also release an upgrade to the $500.00 RSLogix starter software that will support online editing. And the list price of the Micro 1100 is going to be around $500.00.