slc 5\01 connect with pc (1747-pic a )

abajamal

hi .
my probli i connect the lap top with 1747-pic a to slc 5\01
but came to me ( no commnucation )
what i do in this case .:)

Last edited:
If that doesn't help, you'll have to give us some more clues.

What is your operating system, including service pack?
What kind of problems are you having?
What exactly are you doing?
etc...

The more clues you give us, the better the chance that we can help you. We can't help with "it doesn't work"

If that doesn't help, you'll have to give us some more clues.

What is your operating system, including service pack?
What kind of problems are you having?
What exactly are you doing?
etc...

The more clues you give us, the better the chance that we can help you. We can't help with "it doesn't work"

thank you
iuse dos system rockwall software 1987-1996(6200 slc500 progrmming dev @ doc sw ).
message timeots - loss of communication .
i used ( personel computer interface converter)1747-pic a with lap top
best regards,

Has it ever worked before? Or is this a first attempt at using this computer/setup to access a SLC?

Wow! DOS system and 6200 programming software. That brings back old headaches! It was hard to get it to connect when new. I can imagine now it would be almost impossible.

First you need a real, true, serial port on your laptop computer, or a way to simulate one that the 6200 software will accept.

First you need a real, true, serial port on your laptop computer, or a way to simulate one that the 6200 software will accept.

I use DosBox with PCIS and it works very good... I also use a USB port, not sure if it will work with 6200