SLC 5/02 to Yokogawa DCS thru MCM 3150 Prosoft

labingtone

Please clarify on what is happening on the following code.
This code is writing data to the MCM module of a SLC 5/02.
The data written on the MCM module is read by a yokogawa DCS.
The protocol is Modbus.

I can not understand on what is happening on the different block. What is the purpose of"EQUAL" and "COPY" instruction of each rung. Whats the use of N70:50 and the N70:100.I observe also that they have the same Destanation. It will not overide the content of M0:10:1?

[attachment]

I will post another code the configure the communicatio between the SLC 5/02 and the Yokogawa DCS

thanks,

Lovington Dela Cruz

I recommend you start by reading the Prosoft manual, it should give you an idea of what's being done. With just a quick glance at your code, it looks like the SLC is configured as a master and writing to a slave, depending on what conditions are present, different values are written to the slave.
Link to MCM 3150 web page.
Look at the upper right and download the user manual, there's some application notes and ladder examples also.

KEn

Last edited:
Ken,

I have read the manual of prosoft. One thing that i can't understand is why there is a need to copy the content of M1 file to N20 file. what is the relevance of this. pleas see the code bellow.

[attachment]

thanks for your reply,

Lovington.

mcm1.jpg

The 'M' communication channel is very limited. Only a certain amount of data can be on it at any one time. Therefore the MCM module divides up the information into chunks. The first word of the information says which chunk this is. So you move the rest of the 'M' information into a sepeate area. The next to last instruction basically says 'I got that now go to the next chunk'. So the MCM module will put the next hunk of information on the 'M' channel with the first word indicating that this is the next part. And so on through the chunks you have.

Bernie_carlton,

Now i understand why there are a lots of EQU and COP command. My follow up question what is the purposes of transfering the content M1:10.2 to N20.
What is the code inside of this M1:10.2

Sorry for this question because i have a zero knowledge of this things and they have given me this task to finish on monday.

Lovington