SLC 5/04 ASCII string parsing question

Hi all,

I am reading in serial data from a Cognex Dataman 2D matrix reader into a SLC 5/04 serial port (channel 0 - user). I have successfully transmitted the data into the string register created for the information. However, I am having some trouble figuring out how to parse the data out. Currently my delimeter is a comma, however it can be something else. I cannot use the AEX (ASCII extract) instruction because the entire string of data can vary in character length. I would appreciate any advice that you guys may be able to give.

Here is an example of what my string looks like in my ST register:

122206811347A010744AA513,346,342,345,265,270,266,271,343,18^M^J

You can use the AEX, but first you need to know the length of the portion you want to extract.

To find that length, search for your delimiter using the ASC command. Then subtract (or add) 1 to it and store that value in a register that will become the "number" of characters to extract in the AEX command.

Paul