SLC 5/04 error - No Nodes on Network

chrisculler

Hi everybody,

I have a green coffee storage and transfer system that's giving me an error. Power was off for a couple minutes, then when I turned it back on, the Panelview 550 (2711-B5A8) shows an error of "688 No active nodes found on network". The CPU has a constant FLT on, and also will also flash BATT, FORCE, DH+, RS-232 indicators, but NOT the RUN indicator.

Turning the key to clear the fault hasn't worked, nor has repeated power cycling.

To be honest, I'm very unfamiliar with any sort of PLC programming, and this system predates almost all of us here, so please forgive me if I ask basic questions.

Thanks in advance!!

The bad news is that the CPU is toast.

When the FLT stays solid red and the other LEDs flash, that's a major hardware self-test failure during boot-up.

If it has an EEPROM module in the socket inside (be sure to turn off power before removing the CPU) you might be able to perform a reset by removing the battery and shorting the Vdd/GND solder pads on the back of the CPU for a minute.

If you have a backup of the SLC-5/04 program and can buy a new CPU from North Coast Electric, you can be up and running tomorrow.

If you need onsite help, I'd recommend calling Taurus Power & Controls or Concept Systems.