SLC 5/04 Uploading

RezaSoleimani

Hi guys.
I have a SLC 5/04 that connected to panel view 550 with
AIC 1761(DH+ to RS 232 Interface).I can't upload program with RS 232 cable.
I've tested software and cable with another SLC 5/04 that it does'nt connect to any HMI,It is OK.
Please guide me.

Greetings RezaSoleimani ...

welcome to the forum ...

we can’t say for certain from the information that you’ve posted, but what has PROBABLY happened is that the RS-232 port on your SLC has been reconfigured for something OTHER THAN its default “programming” mode of operation ... this is frequently done to make the port compatible with HMIs and other peripheral devices ...

try this ... there is no guarantee that it will work, but it’s a good “first step” ... temporarily delete the DF1 driver and try using the PIC driver in RSLinx instead ... note that you will not be using an actual PIC converter (hardware) even though you will be using the PIC driver (software) ... the idea is that the DF1 driver that you’re (probably) using uses the DF1 protocol (language) ... the PIC driver uses the DH-485 protocol (language) ... if your port is indeed set up for DH-485 then the PIC driver should get you communicating ... if not, post again and we’ll try some more ideas ...

also ... in the future you should post your questions on the Q&A board ... this area that we’re in is for “practice” posts and not many people read these ...

you might have problems running the PIC driver ... some computer operating systems don’t like it ... post again if you need help and tell us what error messages you’re getting ... we can offer suggestions ...

another good thing to do ... if you already have an offline copy of the SLC’s program, open it up and look (Under Channel Config) at the configuration for Channel 0 ... that will give us a better idea of what we’re up against ...

good luck with your project ...

SLC 5/04 uploading

Dear Ron Beaufort

I am having windows XP on laptop with a serial port.
I am using RSLinx 2.30. I am not able to see the PIC driver in driver list during configuration.
Also I don't have offline program and I need it!
I am using 1747-CP3 RS232 cable.I can't connect to PLC By DF1 driver?

Best Regards.

Well Reza,
I have a suggestion,
Actually you are communicating through AIC card, so you have to load AIC driver in RS Linx.Now the problem is to load the driver. Normally RS Linx run as a service and its icon is in your taskbar tray. What you have to do is close all current drivers running and shutdown RS Linx. Then go to start menu-->Rockwell Softwares-->RS Linx-->RS Linx Launch control pannel and click it.It will open a window. Uncheck "Run RS Linx as service" and click on start in the same window. Now RS Linx will start and you can load the driver for AIC card and you can communicate through your pannel View.

RSLinx version 2.30 does not support the PIC driver in Windows XP. You should download RSLinx Lite version 2.51 or 2.52 if you have access to the Rockwell Automation website.

Dear my friends

I reinstalled WIN2000 and downloaded pic driver.Iconnected to PLC and uploaded program.
many many many thanks for your suggestions.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LIFE AND YOUR JOB.