SLC 5/05 Ethernet connections

sparky mark

I have two SLC 5/05's communicating over Ethernet.

under channel 1 status I see the following:
First PLC:
total = 5 , incoming = 4, outgoing = 1, maximum allowed = 0.
second PLC:
total = 5, incoming = 4, outgoing = 1, maximum allowed = 48.

Is any of this a problem? Is the max allowed of zero a problem?
Seems to communicate OK over an Ethernet cable. Have had problems with them communicating over RF Ethernet.

My guess is that the "Maximum Allowed" value in the one that reads zero is a firmware bug that doesn't read the status registers correctly.

Are the two controllers the same firmware revision ?

With low connection counts like that, connection capacity is unlikely to be the root issue. Dropped connections because of dropped packets may be; you'll have to investigate more carefully about what's happening to the connection counts during runtime with the RF system.

I have two SLC 5/05's communicating over Ethernet.

under channel 1 status I see the following:
First PLC:
total = 5 , incoming = 4, outgoing = 1, maximum allowed = 0.
second PLC:
total = 5, incoming = 4, outgoing = 1, maximum allowed = 48.

Is any of this a problem? Is the max allowed of zero a problem?
Seems to communicate OK over an Ethernet cable. Have had problems with them communicating over RF Ethernet.

I assume you're using messaging instructions? How often are these being executed? If you're sending over radio modems then you may be exceeding the bandwidth available on the radio channel.

Calculate how many bytes per second you're likely sending and compare this to the performance specs of the radio (remembering there is some overhead for the TCP/IP packets)