SLC 5/05 & ethernet PV1250+

AndrewB

Will the two work together on ethernet?

My rockwell rep says it "should" work.

The AB "View" magazine says
"Yes 1785-ENET" which makes no sense at all as thats a PLC5 card?

I need a Yes or No answer..
Can anyone help me here?

Andrew

being a total noob to ethernet on SLC's

Can I just point the PV+ at the 5/05 using the ethernet and im away?

Yes.

No problem whatsoever.

PanelView Plus uses RSLinx Enterprise as a data server, and it works smoothly with SLC-5/05 controllers of any age and revision. I have done numerous projects with both products together.

RSLinx Enterprise is very efficient and fast when communicating with the SLC-5/05.

You can use Direct Reference tags or HMI Database tags with SLC addresses attached to them. I prefer Direct Reference tags.

Because RSLinx Enterprise (for RSView Studio) and RSLinx Classic (for RSLogix 500) both work with the TCP/IP stack in Windows, there's no problem running them both simultaneously to do HMI and SLC development at the same time.

Hi, There are not many Rockwell things I would disagree on with Ken Roach but in the SLC range I prefer not to use direct addressing.
The reason is that when you look at the tag behind say a pushbutton you see B3:1/1 or something similar. (Direct referncing with a control logix you will see M1_Start_PB or similar)
If you create a tag database when communicating to an SLC then at least you can fault find a screen a little bit easier.
Regards Alan Case

yeah thats true but theres also another way

Using Symbols it will browse directly to the Symbol name for the bit.

(so im told)

I will have to check the symbol browse out. Handy if it does but I remember reading somewhere about having to set that up in linx (I could very well be mistaken on that) Regards Alan

i havent actaully done it myself

Was told this is the way to do it by the local AB guy who rang back just after you guys answered my q's

tags in PV+

I have always exported my tag data base from the SLC and imported all tags into the RSView Studio to keep the tags the same between both tag data bases. This helps me to find the address in both or debugging purposes.