SLC 5/05 Major error wont clear.

dsking

Hi there,
I have SLC 5/05 PLC with one one expansion I/O rack.
The fault line is not on. However in the processor status debug page it lists this error "Remote power failure of an expansion I/O rack occurred."
The power to the expansion rack is on and the I/O are workin fine. The error cannot be cleared. I'm not sure why and was wondering if one of you great minds up there can point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

Maybe, from AB's knowledgebase

8247 - SLC Processor: Error Code 21H
Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 02/09/2007 03:37 PM
Last Updated: 12/16/2010 11:36 PM

I am generating error code 21H in S:6 of my slc 500 series processor.

What does this error code mean?

Error code 21H indicates that one of the modules in the slc 500 chassis is faulting.

The exact description is "A remote power failure of an expansion I/O chassis has occurred.

The customer should download a blank program and force the program into run mode.

Adding one module at a time to the I/O and placing the program in run mode.

Just wondering if you have a Prosoft card in the mix? I had the same thing untill I removed the prosoft from ALL of the faulting units.

Hi there,
I have SLC 5/05 PLC with one one expansion I/O rack.
The fault [LED?] is not on. However in the processor status debug page it lists this error "Remote power failure of an expansion I/O rack occurred."
The power to the expansion rack is on and the I/O are workin fine. The error cannot be cleared. I'm not sure why and was wondering if one of you great minds up there can point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

If the Fault LED is OFF, then the fault is already cleared. What you are seeing is the last major error code. This is normal. It won't clear with the Clear Major Error button, because S:1/13 is not set. This is all intentional so you can have evidence of what the fault was long after clearing it and getting the machine running again.

If you want to make the fault "history" go away, put a zero in S:6 and S:54 manually (you must change the radix to edit S:54).

EDIT: no need to change the radix for S:6, you can enter the zero right there on the structured view...to clear S:54, change to decimal or some radix other than structured.

LastMajorErrorSLC.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!! thanks everybody.
OkiePC thanks, I succesifully cleared the fault history following the steps you suggested all. Greatly appreciated.