SLC 5/05 & RSLinx

Thanks Ron, one more FAQ sheet for my binder.

The failure to communicate is my fault mostly. English is not my native language and it don't help that I type faster than I can think. Please pardon me until I upgrade to brain 2.0

Hi all,

I am new control Engineer and I am trying to do the same thing here with my machine which runs SLC500 using slc505 Ethernet communication and I am trying to upload the program to my pc.

my question is when I got the program will I be able to use it again and get the same out. I was searching and discovered that i will get the code without any addressing, comments.

Appreciate your answers in advance.

Noor

my question is when I got the program will I be able to use it again and get the same out. I was searching and discovered that i will get the code without any addressing, comments.

Yes you can use it again.

Documentation is in the offline file only. The processor does not hold the documentation.

Hello all,

first, thanks Mickey for your quick response.
second, I am trying to upload my program from slc505 using Ethernet ch1 via cross over cable.
I am following the technical tips "configuring SLC505 Controller ethernet IP Address with the bootp utility".

but when i added new entry "bootp-dhcp server" i got message that " socket connect faild for mac"

can any one help me with the configuration ..
thanks

Hi again,

I would like to brief you with the steps that I’ve taken and will be glad to get your thoughts in return.

My plan was to upload the program from slc505 to my pc via crossover cable using the Ethernet port, since the serial port is using AB panel view 1000. I connected my pc Ethernet to plc Ethernet port using VMware (I have windows inside windows), I opened Rslinx==> communications ==>configure drives then I chose Ethernet devices and added new button in station 0 ==> I prefilled with my plc ip address and I added another one station one==> I prefilled with my local area IP address for my VMware. Then I clicked ok and I got connection between my pc and my RSLinx server.

I opened the RSLOgix 500 pro and get new project and did the Io configuration automatically. I got the right rack that I have and then I clicked on comms ==> system comms and chose my drive and uploaded the program.

Finally I got the code.

The First question is: have I done the rights steps? Any enhancement / advise?

Second: When I compared the received codes with the one I have as bake-up, it’s missing 3 racks! Any idea why?

Thanks,
Noor