SLC 500 error: "a stuck runtime error.."

E Nabors

I have a SLC 500 that looses the program sporadically when powered up. Yesterday we actually were able to retrieve an error from the processor " a stuck runtime error has been detected in an I/O module, exact slot cannot be detected". Does this error and loosing the program relate to each other? Over the last 6 months we have replaced the backplane, processor and power supply. Any suggestions on what to do from here?

You should follow the Troubleshooting guide, Chapter 10, in the SLC500 Hardware User Manual for the type of SLC that you have (Publication 1747-UM011G-EN-P).

It seems that you have replaced every part except the I/O modules. Your error message is about a problem with one particular module. Probably you have one bad module.

Another possibility is that your SLC power supply is being overloaded. Check to see if it has enough capacity to handle all loads. If not, then you need to upgrade to a P2 or P3 power supply.

You posted in the Practice section, so most memebers will not see your message. You might want to copy it over to the active Q & A section.

EDIT: I copied your post to the Interactive Q & A site, so maybe someone else will have some ideas.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=81260

Last edited: