slc 500 using 1747- pic on windows xp

joeparrish

Will the 1747-pic driver work with windows xp?
We have a cpu fault on a 1747-l40a and I need to upload the program. When I configure the pic it says
failed to swap windows 2000 pic driver

Yes,No,Maybe see PDF below. It works on my XP machine.
You are using a real serial port for this, as it will not work without it.

We could never get the PIC to work reliably under XP, so we just gave up and got the 1747-UIC (USB interface). This thing is also quirky but at least it works most of the time.

I haven't been able to get the pic module to work reliably since W98.

There is another option, you can use a PCMK card, which can be used on DH+, or DH485, depending on how you configure it. Just be careful when setting it up, if you set it up like it were a desktop and use the KTX, or PKTX driver you will get the blue screen.

The cable used with this depends on the network you want to hook up to.

If you don't already have this card, I don't know that I would buy it, it is pricey.

or the cables works well with the Omron cs1w-cif31 I'e been having better success with that adaptor hooking up to AB reliably than with the 1747-UIC one of the reasons is that I haven't seen the Omron adaptor locking up the commports as much.

mordred said:
or the cables works well with the Omron cs1w-cif31 I'e been having better success with that adaptor hooking up to AB reliably than with the 1747-UIC one of the reasons is that I haven't seen the Omron adaptor locking up the commports as much.

What you have is a USB to RS232 adapter. The 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485, protocol and electrical converter.

Doh!! I completely forgot about that as I have so few RS 485 required processors (I got rid of em)where possible