slc add instruction and N7 files.

Bobthees

I am working on a program that uses (SQO) instructions. past of the sequence ia a timer preset data table, it's 101 words long. I need to be able to add the data in several word or all of the words. Does anyone have any segustions?

Since the SLC does not support the FAL instruction you will either have to indivdually program all of the operations, or use indirect addressing and a FOR/NEXT loop.

I have had this same problem on many occasions and haven't found a better way than just using a bunch of ADD instructions. I've tried looping but it really has a negative effect on the scan time. If anyone has any other methods I'd also be interested in hearing them.

With a little extra effort, you can write the summing loop such that only a certain number of the values are added per scan, for instance, add 10 number this scan, 10 more the next until you are done.

You would generally tic-toc back and forth between two total sum registers. One would hold the previously finished sum and the other would be the sum you are currently working on.

Of course, this means that the active sum would only update every 10 scans or so... but each of those scans would be faster.

It all depends on what you require.