SLC BRICK port and language issues

Lanci,
Look at his first post, there is a link.
George
Okay, I had forgot as this thread has dragged on so long and I was confusing it with another Skiroy post. I have downloaded the program and will run it through my Basic Ram-Assisted Interface Nominator. The 67 rungs might require a couple of days, as this translater only works between drinks...

The above posted program would probably be easier to rewrite than messing around.
Exactly.

Okay, I had forgot as this thread has dragged on so long and I was confusing it with another Skiroy post. I have downloaded the program and will run it through my Basic Ram-Assisted Interface Nominator. The 67 rungs might require a couple of days, as this translater only works between drinks...

Exactly.

Should only take a couple hours at tops to rewrite. That's milking the dog! A couple drinks would put it to the state of "whenever I get to it", and who cares!!!

Padees, I work faster when motivated. My motivation is not very high for this project. We could have a contest. You be the hare and take off and finish it in a couple of hours. I will be the tortoise and finish my margurita while studying the logic and making an I/O list. Then Skiroy can offer a $50 prize to the winner which most closely duplicates the original without any errors. $50 sould be about right for 2 hours work with no withholding taxes, Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, or retirement amounts. (y)

So, Skiroy, I am configuring the SLC now. Is this program using the 1747-L40C/F model, with 24 each DC Sinking Inputs and 16 Relay Outputs?

Last edited:
I wonder how likely it is that the printout is an exact match?

Probably pretty good. Lancie will probably have an emulate-able version posted soon.

Lancie, just pick a ML1100 so we can test this code...You can search and replace the real I/O at the word level later, if there are few enough slots in use and then switch models...

🍻

Here it is. Skiroy's original APS print-out had the SLC type, so I used that one for the configuration. The ZIPped file is the RSLogix500 software program file.

A serial to DH485 is the very old 1747-PIC, see pdf. You would need a real serial port on your PC to use this.

The newer USB to DH485 converter,1747-UIC is the better choice. See PDF.
You can get one at link below.

http://www.ind-concepts.com/Allen_Bradley_PLC_Cables.htm

I've used a serial to usb adapter with the 1747-PIC successfully. The problem lies with what usb adapter you actually use. Some of the ones you buy at a consumer big box store don't have all the serial protocols included that the PIC needs. I've had good luck with the Keyspan brand adapters. I've been able to use them as a successful serial replacement in a variety of applications. However, with the 1747-UIC out there's really no point to buying a PIC anyway, unless you have a really old laptop with no usb ports.