SLC Networking

You could also set up a control logix bridge with a 1756-enbt, 1756-dh485, power supply (1756-pa72),a 4slot rack (1756-A4??), and an ethernet switch.

With this you could keep your ethernet intact and also be able to get to your 485 HMIs and PLCs across the ethernet. I have not done this on DH485 yet, but have done this on DH+, and it worked great.

No contol logix processor is needed, therefore if you don't have RS5000, you won't need it, all you should need is RSLinx.

DC - you're drawing's good, but with Ethernet - use a switch, not a hub. You shouldn't have to pay more to do so. Hubs create problems!

dc75 said:
OK, ive thought about this, and i think that this may be an even simpler way to do this....dont mind the elementary drawing...lol...i can keep my ethernet network intact, and just make a new network for the 5/01's....I would just have to configure the appropriate driver in RSlinx. right??