SLC5/03 RSLOGIX Comm error after power loss

jroachell

We recently lost power somewhat abruptly to our SLC 5/03 after a UPS transfer issue. After restoration of power, I have found that I can no longer communicate with RSLogix via the RS232 port.

I am receiving Comm Error 00000005 when it browses for the node. Are there default configurations that are not battery backed up when the PLC hard cycles? The DH485/KF2 (or3) FDI's seem to be working just fine allowing it to ttalk to Wonderware.

What driver are you using in RSLinx to connect to the SLC's RS232 port? What cable are you using? (see PDF below for RSLinx setup and proper cable). If the SLC's RS232 port is configured for DF1 then this procedure should work. Do you have the offline file to check port configuration settings?

Last edited:
Mickey, Thanks for the info. I will look at the PDF. I am using the AB DF1-1 DH 485 driver in RSLinx with the 1747-CP3 cable. It has worked in the past, up until the SLC lost power a couple of days ago. I do have the offline file so I will check again with the doc you provided.