SLC5/03 to Panelview Plus 7 Standard

haldunkle

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good evening. I am in serious need of help. I am trying to connect a Panelview Plus 7 Standard to a SLC5/03(1741-L531) using a Moxa MGate EIP3170. I am using version 13 of FactoryTalk View Studio ME and the firmware of the Panelview is also at 13. I am saving the Runtime as version 12. I tried setting up the Moxa and FTV according to the instructions I found for an Aparian DF1 Router. I can connect to the PLC using the Ethernet Devices driver in RSLinx, so I know that the PLC and Moxa are communicating. Right now, if I stay online with the PLC, the HMI program works as it should. As soon as I go offline with the PLC is when things go haywire. I have tried setting up the communication tree in FTV many different ways and having it set this way results in the best results. After going offline, I get a "Local PCCC error 0x20 reading N7:0 from SLC at 192.168.50.55" but the buttons still function and the output on the Output card still turns on. I have attached pictures showing:1. communication tree in FTV, 2. the error I get after going offline with the PLC, and 3. the logic in the PLC that I am using as a test but I could not. If anything else is needed, I either have the information at hand or can quickly get it. I really need to get this to work because I have two similar projects at work to get done. The only difference is one is with this SLC and the other is a PLC5. I have spent numerous days and countless hours on getting this to work and I have no clue on what I am doing wrong. I have even gone as far as to purchase all of the hardware(PLC, MGate, & HMI) to have at home and work on it after work. I am a fairly new electrician and even newer when it comes to FTV and HMIs. I am in desperate need of help on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2757[1].jpg IMG_2760[1].jpg IMG_2761[1].jpg