SLC5/05 Ethernet Messaging - How To Configure

EKLIH2017

Hi All,

This is a new query related to my other one on the sequencing of water treatment plants.

I have five slc5/05's all on the same Ethernet network with all IP's on the same subnet. I need all these plcs to be able to pass data from one to other. From reading, looks like I'll have to use the MSG block.

Question: If all plc's currently are on the same network and have the same subnet, then would I be correct in saying, I then just have to insert a MSG block and specify the IP address of the other PLC I want to read from (apart from other details like address to read from and into etc) and that should get comms happening?

Similar Topics

I am looking to message between two SLC5/04s. We have to plants about 2 miles apart each with a DH+ loop in the plant. On each of these loops we...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I need to Interface Ignition SCADA ethernet network to an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 Serial RS232 DF1. Has anyone out there found a low...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I wanna get the data from ind331 indicator(Mettler toledo) to SLC 5/05 CPU via Ethernet Ip using EEM instruction. The CPU=1747-L553...
Replies
Views
I have a little problem. I have a number of now classic SLC5/05's with which I am hoping to connect to Weidmuller ER20-FCB-EIP I/O nodes. I have...
Replies
Views
Hey all, long time reader but first time poster here. I've been tasked with an odd one and was wondering if anyone else had experience in this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom