SLC50/4 to ControlLogix 5555

maxketcham

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to message from a 5555 with Ethernet to an slc50/4 through an RHIO bridge. I am new to this communications stuff and every example I can find shows a PLC 5 to SLC 50/4. Can anyone help me? I have attached the RSLinx for the 2 PLC's I wish to talk to I want to message from the 5555 to the 50/4 both read and write.

I would appreciate any help.

plc to use msg to read - write.jpg read from - write to plc.jpg

The 1756-DHRIO user manual includes message examples from ControlLogix to SLC/PLC using the 1756-DHRIO. The RSLogix 5000 online Help file has excellent examples of the CIP Path.

What you do is point the CIP Path across Ethernet and across Logix backplanes to the 1756-DHRIO itself. Then the DHRIO performs a DH+ message for you and returns the result.

I couldn't exactly read the IP addresses in the screenshots (JPG tends to blur, I like PNG format better) but here's the basics of that CIP Path:

From the CompactLogix CPU to the backplane object: Port 1
To the CompactLogix Ethernet daughtercard : Slot 1
To the Ethernet network: Port 2
To the 1756-ENBT IP address: 130.130.130.113
To the ControlLogix backplane: Port 1
To the 1756-DHRIO: Slot 2

You set the MSG instruction to use the 1756-DHRIO and configure the Channel (A) and the destination node (13).

Address_Tab.png Path_Tab.png