Slc500 1747-l40c to ethernet network

driverx

Hello everybody,
I have a slc500 1747-L40C PLC has a similar port of the ethernet port but it is a DH485 port, I want to convert from DH485 to ethernet .I wish to have access to from our ethernet network. you have any idea?
thanks a lot.

It would be soooo much better to start over and just replace it with a 1400 and it would be a lot cheaper, a 485 Gateway to Ethernet will cost 3 times as much as a 1400

i know but the company wants to keep this PLC, they are ready to invest to have a dh485 to ethernet converter.

LOL, that pee just you every time

I actually had to get the post count over 666. Didn't need hoards of demons swinging by. LOL

An ML1400 would probably be a better option tho. I've replaced a number of these SLC bricks with these.

The specific company wanted to get every last bit of meat off the bones, and that served them well, but after I/O dies, nothing to eat.

the company wants to keep this PLC, they are ready to invest to have a dh485 to ethernet converter.

Then have them buy this, they cost around 2,500USD, but I would ask Prosoft if they make them anymore and if will do what you need https://www.prosoft-technology.com/Products/Gateways/EtherNet-IP/EtherNet-IP-to-DH-485-Gateway

You can buy a 1400 for around 500USD, your SLC has not been made (guessing) for the past 20 years so once it dies you will need to buy a used on from ebay to replace it