slc500 5/04 ox4 error (ken roach)

shad72

induction furnace blowed a water line faulted cpu. no problem i will clear the fault move on. only light i have is fault light nothing else 5/04 series c. so i got another card put it in the slot got online no problem. problem is wrong furnace program so i cleared cpu and now it will not let me download furnace 2 program keeps telling me load from eprom because their is no program in memory. tried both keeps saying 0x4 error or no comms

Does the original CPU or the replacement CPU have an EEPROM installed ?

What firmware revisions are the original and replacement CPUs ?

What revision of RSLogix 500 are you running ?

What revision of RSLinx Classic are you running ? It sounds like you're using a 1784-PCMK card with the DH+ driver.

It sounds like the replacement CPU does have a default program; that will cause it to show up as "DEFAULT" in RSWho.

Can you explain exactly what steps you are taking to download the correct program to the controller, and exactly when RSLogix 500 gives you the "0x04 error" message ?

Is the full text of the error message "Diagnostic Status Failed 0x04" ?

If you have the equipment handy, try using a serial cable (1747-CP3 or equivalent null-modem cable) and the DF1 Full Duplex driver, to see if the problem is related to the PCMK or the DH+ driver.