SLC500 Array Fun!

JGrissom

Okay this is what I'm trying to do, I have several bits say B9:0 that are selections by operators. I want only one on at a time, I've tried masked moves XOR instructions etc...anyone have a down and dirty way to do this? SLC5/05 processor...:)

Hi,
One wonders how the operator makes the selection.

IF selector (1) true, then move decimal value"1", destination (word)B9:0
IF selector (2) true, then move decimal value"2", destination (word)B9:0
IF selector (3) true, then move decimal value"4", destination (word)B9:0
IF selector (4) true, then move decimal value "8", destination (word)B9:0
IF selector (5) true, then move decimal value"16", destination (word)B9:0
IF selector (6) true, then move decimal value"32", destination (word)B9:0
IF selector (7) true, then move decimal value"64", destination (word)B9:0

Etc......
Notice how the decimal values align with the different binary bits?
You can use one shot bits if you feel the need. Just make sure the operators can't make more than one selection at a time (use hardware) for this scheme to work.

Just an idea to work with.
BD

Using Bikerdude's method, only 1 bit will be set in word B9:0 at any one time. (However if more than one selector is ON (true), then the last one will win). If you want to limit the time between possible changes, you could add a self-resetting timer, say 2 or 3 seconds, then only allow the bit to be changed every time the timer DN bit comes on.

IF selector (1) true AND T4:0/DN true, then move decimal value"1", destination (word)B9:0

You could actually lock out all but one selector using program logic. It would mean looking at all selectors for each comparison:

If Selector 1 true AND Selector 2 false AND Selector 3 false AND Selector 4 false AND Selector 5 AND Selector 6 false AND Selector 7 false, then move decimal value "1", destination (word) B9:0

Last edited: