SLC500 Connection to CompactLogix

Hal9000

Hi there,

I have an existing 5/04 cpu with onboard DH+ and DF1.

DH+ is being used to connect this PLC to the site wide SCADA system.
DF1 serial port is being used to interface with a telemetry system.

I am adding a new CompactLogix PLC to the system (1769-L32E) and I need to look as the best way to get data exchange between the SLC and the new CompactLogix PLC. I only need to transfer approx. 20 words of data.

The DF1 port on the CompactLogix is available. Would installing a 1747-KE serial communication module in the SLC rack be a good option here? Or should I be looking to get the CompactLogix onto the DH+ network with perhaps a gateway?

Many thanks,

Justin

Whats your budget? You could add a Gateway to the DH+ but you may consider upgrading the 5/04 to a 5/05 also? I dont know how much work it would be getting your SCADA to Ethernet OR i'm not sure of the prices on that side of the pond but you can also look at a 1747-AENTR if you have room in the rack on the 5/04, I have never used one.

I do sell Gateways if you decide to go that route https://www.plccable.com/ethernet-i...ighway-plus-dh-gateway-converter-ethernet-ip/

Either way I think you have a few options

Maybe the SCADA can be used as the gateway ?

Great idea!

If the SCADA is on the network with Ethernet and the DH+ you should just be able to make a few more tags and do a read from there and its free, the best budget of them all :)