SLC500 Pulse Signal into CPX

Aviator|Chris

Hi there,

I have a bit of code in an SLC500 that I wish to translate into Logix5000 but i'm missing a status bit.

Any help with structuring it into a Logix5000 ladder would be great.

ladder.jpg

S2:4/4 is a bit in the "rolling timebase" counter on the SLC-5/0x controllers.

Bit 04 is on for 160 milliseconds, then off for 160 milliseconds, giving you a "clock rate" of 320 milliseconds.

If you wanted to emulate that function exactly, just run a self-resetting clock at 320 milliseconds preset, then turn on a BOOL tag during 1/2 of that time.

If there was just the ONS, I'd say use the /DN bit from the timer directly, but I can't guess what the other B3:22/1 bit does, so to be exact use the timer accumulated value comparison.

S2_4_4.PNG

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for the help, please see the code with comments to "help out" a bit. Just removed as they were customer specific but after analysing they arn't all that detailed. Cheers.

ladder2.jpg

If those two instructions are the only places B3:22/1 is used in the program, then you can just use the /DN bit from a 320 ms timer to trigger the math instruction.

If B3:22/1 is used elsewhere, you would have to investigate those rungs to figure out what to do. Or just run the method described above.