SLC500 rack as remote IO with Dnet, other cards

mitchpearce91

I have an old SLC500 that I will be upgrading to a CompactLogix 5370 or 5380. I can put an ethernet card on the 1746 rack and treat the I/O as remote IO back to the new processor.

I have a DeviceNet scanner card and some other AMCI resolver cards in the rack too. Will these work as normal in a remote rack?

Thanks

The User Manual includes most of this information, as does the knowledgebase:

KB 635279 Modules supported by 1747-AENTR

KB 603762 Modules not supported by 1747-AENTR

KB 473359 Some Third Party Modules with compatible EDS Files are Supported by 1747-AENTR

I think you'll need a verdict directly from AMCI on whether their modules will work with the adapter.

I'm puzzled by the specification of the 1747-SDN/D as being not compatible with the 1747-AENTR, but no notes about Series A,B, or C modules being compatible. That may require an inquiry directly with Rockwell Automation. My guess is that no Series of the 1747-SDN is supported.

For the DeviceNet, you could move the feature to a ControlLogix or CompactLogix DeviceNet scanner, or use a 1788-EN2DN network bridge.

Thanks Ken.

I think I will go down the DeviceNet to ethernet adapter route. I have just sent AMCI an email and will await their reply.

Thank for you for the info.