SLC500 "Storing to EEPROM"

ToddM

Hi Folks....I found something interesting today at work. We made a program change on about a half dozen machines today. All of these machines are on an Eather-net network, so the program change and download was easy enough. When we tryed to store the change to the EEPROM over the network we got an error. Something like "EEPROM store failed". We took the laptop to each machine and connected via the serial port and they stored with no problem. Is there a reason you can't burn the EEPROM over a network?

Thanks and later...Todd

PS.. I had someone at the machines to switch to program mode when I tried to burn the EEPROM from the shop over the net.

Last edited:
I had the same problem downloading via DH+ some time ago. The problem was a watchdog timer for the driver in RSLinx. I changed the value and then, no problem.

In my case, the program was stored in the Eeprom anyway, it was just RSLinx watchdog timer that timed out. A program compare confirmed that the contents of the Eeprom was 100% OK.