SLC500 Time Sync

smil3y

Hi I am using AB SLC500 system and need use the PLC time to reset a few calculations that I am doing. I have selected the option for setting the PLC time and date but am wondering if it is possible to resync the time every so often through PLC code. There are several computers connected to the network.

Regards

Have you tried to write directly to respective S-registers? I haven't done this before but this may work unless they are Read-only...

It is a common practice to write to the s: registers to correct the time. All SLC and PLC5 clocks will get "off" by a few seconds per day, usually. You can do this so many different ways from a PC, and the method I used was quite crude (Excel DDEPoke), so I think I will let some one else give you a good solution.

Many thanks
I have a CITECT server permanently on the network so can pass date information directly to the PLC. Really wanted to make sure that I could write directly to the S registers.

S registers

If you can't write to the S registers then you can write it to some other register and then write a routine that checks for a change in the sync register and copies it to the S registers.