slo-syn mx2000-6

rktech

I am trying to find out some info on an slo-syn mx2000 drive plc.
This one has stalled on an Movehome command and will not move. I can
move it .002 by using a jogstart command from an host computor. I have to download the program from an PC when I turn off power. The drives and motors test good and the Inputs are being sent to the I/O
board but the controller does not seem to process them. I have replaced the I/O board and the Dual Axis board and still no luck.
Can anyone HELP?

rktech said:
I am trying to find out some info on an slo-syn mx2000 drive plc.

Hopefully a stupid question, but since you're "trying to find out some info"... Do you have the manual? If not, get it HERE.

You say you replaced some boards. Are you sure all the jumpers, DIP switches, etc. are correctly configured? The 'default' setting are usually wrong... :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with this particular motion controller, but most require you to save the program in NVRAM. If you don't, the program will disappear on a power cycle. This may be why you need to reload the program each time... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

i have problem with mx 2000, I CAN UPLOAD THE EXISTING PROGRAM FROM THE CONTROLLER, I CAN UPDATE THE OPERATING SYSTEM BUT ONCE I TRY TO COMPILE THE UPLOADED PROGRAM SO IT CAN BE LOADED INTO ANOTHER MX2000 IT GIVES A LOT OF COMPILATION ERRORS PARTICULARLY SYNTAX ERRORS. hOWEVER I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS BECAUSE THE SAME UPLOADED PROGRAM RUNS GOOD ON ONE CONTROLLER AND HOW IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE SO MANY ERRORS. PL HELP.

THANKS KANWAR

yeah it was initially having an error 6 ( jamming error) that was due to a faulty brake and is now fixed. My main concern is compiling the downloaded prpgram from the controller itself. I have another CPU board but since i cannot compile the original program that was created prior to 2000 and had been working good since then i cannot go any further. I tried windows 98 and still almost every other instruction in the program has a syntax error. Pl advice further